To help you make a better decision on your gambling behaviour, we have put together a short self-assessment test. Answering these questions could help you make clearer decisions.
- Do you stay awake late to gamble?
- Do you gamble while at work or university?
- Do you gamble to escape problems in your life?
- Do you chase your losses?
- Have you lied to friends or family to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Do you gamble all your monthly payslip?
- Are you getting into debt due to gambling?
- Have others mentioned the amount of time you spend gambling?
- Do you put gambling before your family or loved ones?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and want to find more money to gamble?
- Have you lost interest in your family and friends?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
- Do you spend money on gambling which is set aside for household bills?
- Is most or all of the time you spend online gambling?
- Do you borrow money to gamble?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions, there could be a chance you might have a gambling problem.
Get in touch with our Solutions team who can assist you with your account, or contact Gambling Therapy, a professional body offering telephone support and counselling.
Gambling Therapy - https://www.gamblingtherapy.org/en